Tuesday, March 13, 2007
We're Back Home!!
We finally made it back home around 1:00 this morning! We had a great trip. We traveled to Jodhpur (also known as the Sun City) last Wednesday and stayed for 6 days. We did a lot of sight seeing - really too much to post here so we'll drag it out for a few days. We traveled to and from Jodhpur by train and it was a great experience. The Indian Railroad is over 150 years old and is the most extensive train system in the world. We booked tickets for 2AC because there are beds so I could rest during the ride. It was supposed to be a 5 hour ride to Jodhpur, but because this is S. Asia, the train was 2 hours late arriving (at one point there was a cow on the track that wouldn't move)! I was really glad to have that bed. The train was so comfortable and it's definitely my favorite way to travel here. People came by selling chai, coffee, snacks, meals and drinks. We passed the time by sleeping, eating, listening to our MP3 players and playing games on Aaron's phone. We took the train back from Jodhpur as well, but slept most of the way home since it was dark and we couldn't watch the scenery.
The bottom seat also lowers down into a bed like the one on top. Some workers come by and hand out very clean sheets, pillows and blankets. You can even pull a curtain closed so others can't bother you while you sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

7 comments :
For some reason I see visions of Doc Brown and colored smoke when I see that train.
What does this say about me then? When I saw the train, I thought it looked just like Emily from Thomas the Train. Guess who's into Thomas these days?
The trip sounds like a real adventure. How is pregnancy treating you so far?
let's get to the important stuff-how was the bathroom?!?!?!
Well Peek-a-boo, I'm so glad you asked! Actually, I'm just glad you're finally leaving comments!
Surprisingly, the bathroom was pretty nice. You could choose from a Western toilet or a squatty potty. It was, however, rather difficult to go while the train was moving! And the rule is that you can't go to the bathroom while the train is stopped...I have no idea why. I should have taken a picture of it for you...I will next time! Love you!
i know why you can't use the bathroom when the train stops. then you would have a big pile all in one spot. by going when the train is moving everything is scattered!!!!!
But if that were true, why is it that everywhere you walk it's okay to have big piles of poop all in one spot? There were cows on the train tracks, you can't tell me they walk while they go so they spread it out! I think there might be some holes in your theory. (hee hee) By the way, when are you coming to visit?
kewl !
Post a Comment