So, here are my favorite places to shop. I go to these places at least every other day.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Shopping!!
Shopping here is an adventure. Unfortunately, WalMart has not found their way to S. Asia yet! No WalMart = No One Stop Shopping
So, here are my favorite places to shop. I go to these places at least every other day.
This is by far my very favorite store...Shopper's Paradise! They have a really good selection of imported food that we can't find other places. This is where I buy my Ragu spaghetti sauce, apple juice and tator tots. And yes, when I go in to buy tator tots I always say "gimme your tots!"
Here is the milk man stand. We buy milk, eggs, bread and yogurt here. The milk is really, really good - the best I've ever had! And the best thing is that it only costs 36 cents for 1 liter.
This is where we buy our fresh veggies. We can find pretty much anything you can think of and it's CHEAP. I go see this guy everyday. We can't eat anything raw unless we peel it, but we cook most of the veggies anyway.
We buy from two different fruit vendors. This one doesn't have as much selection as the other one. I'm actually able to get Washington apples from the other one! Fruit is not as cheap as vegetables, but it's still cheap compared to the US.
We saved the best for last...the ice cream shop. This shop is directly across the street from our apartment, so we visit it often! We buy ice cream, coke and snickers here.
So, here are my favorite places to shop. I go to these places at least every other day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

6 comments :
Well its good to see you have almost all of your bases covered. Where do you get Quesadilla's?
...and the ham for Tina? What is she going to eat?
wow
Stanley, know what's funny? We name all our favorite street dogs here so we can keep them straight. There is one across the street and she is the biggest (I mean well fed) street dog we've ever seen. So...we named her Tina! It's hilarious! She's actually starting to understand her name. All that to say that the Tina in S. Asia doesn't need any more ham!!
And just what kind of milk is "delicious"?!!! It would kill Uncle Bill to cook his veggies - you know how much he likes his raw carrots!
Aunt Sharon, tell Uncle Bill not to worry..we can peel the carrots and eat them raw. In fact, we eat about a pound of raw carrots every day! One thing about being a vegetarian, you're hungry ALL the time!
Post a Comment