Monday, February 26, 2007

Our Street Dogs

As you know from reading our previous posts, Aaron & I are suckers for the street dogs here. We have certain puppies and mommies that we check on at least every other day. These are some of our favorites...


This big girl lives across the street from our apartment building and greets us almost every time we leave. She's a very sweet, gentle BIG girl. In fact, she's probably one of the biggest street dogs we've seen. So, for all you Napoleon Dynamite fans...we named her Tina. She's finally starting to respond to her name!

This is one of my favorite full grown street dogs. Her eyes are the same color as her coat and she is absolutely beautiful! She's extremely skittish but is finally starting to warm up to us. She'll come up and lick my hand now. We named this beautiful girl Cinnamon.

These two puppies belong to Cinnamon. At first they were very skittish, like their mom, but now they come running to us. We're able to pet them and pick them up and they love it. We haven't named these two yet...we just call them Cinnamon's puppies. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The black one is a girl and the black, white and brown one is a boy.

Pooh (brown pup) and Piglet (black pup) are Aaron's very favorite street puppies! When Aaron first found this litter, he was sure that these two were too sick to make it, but they're still going strong. Their fur looked absolutely terrible, so we called Help In Suffering (HIS) and they came out and gave the puppies shots for mange. When the men from HIS captured them, those two pups screamed like someone was killing them! Their fur is looking much better now, although Piglet still seems very skinny.

About every other day, Aaron takes milk or leftovers to Pooh and Piglet. At first they were extremely scared and would run away, but now when they see Aaron they know the milk man is coming! Aaron still can't touch them but they're warming up to him.

7 comments :

Unknown said...

My vote for the girl is LaFawnduh. My vote for the boy is Nacho.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all of the dogs that you all have adopted! They are so fortunate to have you all there to look out for them. Thanks for sharing all of this with us. Thinking about you all often etc.

Take care,
Charlotte

Aarmel said...

I'm not so keen on LaFawnduh for the little girl...but I LOVE Nacho. I think that name "matches his season."

Hi Charlotte! Guess what? I think Miss Dixie might be coming to stay with us next month! Can't tell you how excited I am.

Anonymous said...

Loved this one. I want all of them.

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon being the mommy's name, How about Cindy for the girl and Amon for the boy pup. (Cindy Amon get it?)

Aarmel said...

Well Daddy, although this is a great idea, we've already named the boy Nacho. I guess we could still go with Cindy for the girl though. Love you!

Anonymous said...

how cute, but so sad....! How weird .. nacho ... but awesome !