Sunday, February 18, 2007

Funny stuff!!


Who knew that dressing yourself in another country could be so difficult? I bought my first sari in December but had no idea how to wrap twenty one feet of material and make it look good. The first time I wanted to wear it our neighbor came over to help me get dressed. When I walked out of the bedroom with the blouse and under skirt on, our neighbor started laughing uncontrollably. When she finally stopped she told me that I had the blouse on backwards. No wonder I thought it didn’t fit!! Who would have dreamed that the snaps go in the front?!? Since then I've improved drastically on my sari wrapping skills!

Let me start by saying that the Hindi word for eggs is “unday.” A few weeks ago Aaron went out to get eggs. Of course, he wanted to practice his Hindi so he planned to ask the man for a dozen eggs. Unfortunately, instead of saying “unday” for eggs Aaron asked for a dozen panties! Thankfully no one here calls underwear “panties” so they had no idea what he was talking about!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hilarius!Mel , you must have been so embarrassed when your neighbor told you that you were wearing the sari backwards!By the way... the crazy photo is really creative! ttyl,



Alaina.

Aarmel said...

Hi Alaina! So glad that you're able to get a laugh at our expense! : ) I'm sure this will not be the last embarrassing post for me...seems I embarrass myself a lot here! Love you!

Unknown said...

Backwards. HEHE! Thats good stuff. I can relate though. I remember taking Tae Kwon Do and having to learn how to tie my belt. Who know it would be so difficult. I quess 20 plus feet of fabric has me beat though. At least I didn't put it on backwards. LOL!

Aarmel said...

Hey Cory...Mu bun karo hai!!! hee hee...my hindi skills are coming in handy!