A boy!!! He was very proud of himself yesterday at the ultrasound and the doctor had no question that it's a boy. :) We're so, so excited! And we think it's great that Josiah will have a younger brother so close in age. God has blessed us!
Thanks for voting!
So now we just need to find a name that Aaron and I actually agree on. Please leave your suggestions for some good boy names.
Thanks for voting!
So now we just need to find a name that Aaron and I actually agree on. Please leave your suggestions for some good boy names.

8 comments :
Nathaniel, Ha!
No really, Congrats on the boy! I have always liked Jeremiah, but then you would have two "J" names and I don't know if you can stand that. I will keep thinking.
YEA!!! I can't wait to hear what you choose. Here are my suggestions that I think sound good with Goccia. :)
Biblical:
Micah
Joseph
Silas
Nathan
Samuel
Joshua
Moses
Elijah/Eli
James
Paul
Jared (he's in the begats :)
Stephen
Non-Biblical:
William (Will) (Liam)
Ian
Logan
Austin (of course the Texan would say that! ;)
Anthony
Alexander
Wyatt
Cole
Lucas
You could always do a good traditional Italian name (Angelo, Paolo, etc). Of course, anyone named Angelo Goccia would have a free pass into a crime family. ;)
Can't wait to hear what you choose! Will you tell us, or will we have to wait for the big reveal in July??
FUN! Congrats! That's exciting! Josiah will have a buddy!
Baby naming is fun :)
Hmm...
You could always just open up your Bible and point if you want a Biblical name and see what you get... I found some real fun ones the other day...
Basemath
Muppim
Huppim
Ard
Ammishaddai
Some Funny Hindi names:
•Bhishma•One who has taken a terrible vow
•Dalbhya•Belonging to wheels
•Matsendra•King of the fishes
•Harshit
Do you have any name rules like Emily? Do you not want a "G" name or anything like that?
Silas sounds like a name you guys would like :)
Owen
Bo (Then he could go by "BoGo" :))
Gavin
Or some fun Italian names :)
Enzo
Lucca
Dante
Orlando
Guido :)
I have way too much fun doing this :)
ha! Andrea...those are some interesting Bible names. Somehow I don't think Aaron would go for it. My only naming rule is that I'd prefer it doesn't start with a J but that isn't an absolute. I do love Silas...I've been tossing that one around with Aaron. It doesn't have to be a Bible name either. I'm mostly concerned with the meaning.
I told Aaron that he could pick the first name with this one and I'll pick the middle. He needs some more inspiration, so keep the names coming! :) Thanks!
Come on! Basemath is awesome :) I keep trying to convince Emily of that too :)
No, I think it needs to be a Bible name since Josiah got a Bible name. Already thinking of sibling rivalry. I can hear them saying "Josiah got the special name," or, "Why did I get stuck with this dumb name when brother's name is so cool." No pressure though.
I like Silas too, but it seems to mean "of the forest," which is weird, but I like his character in the Bible...you know, he was of like minded occupation.
Does the Bible mention anybody who hung out with Josiah?
Sorry Andrea, I think Basemath is a losing battle. But Harshit...now that has a nice ring to it! :)
Kim, I kind of figure that no matter what we name our kids, they won't like it. It will never be as cool or special as somebody else's name.
Yeah, that was the only thing I didn't like about Silas (the meaning), but his character is great.
My dad already looked into the Josiah story for names. Before we knew we were having a boy, he came up with Huldah for a girl. She was the prophetess who foretold the coming of Josiah. I don't think so...
And Emily, I think we'll announce the name as soon as we have one. I'm so tired of saying "the baby".
Post a Comment