Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My monkey loves bananas!

A few weeks ago, I decided to see if Josiah was ready for some food. I figured I would just try it and see if he was interested - if he wasn't I'd just wait for a couple more weeks and try again. I decided to start with bananas as do most South Asians. I was blown away because Josiah absolutely loved it! He would lunge at the spoon if I wasn't shoveling it in fast enough!




I think this picture says it all!!



About a week later, I decided to try apple and he loved it too! My sister (thanks Elaine!) sent this great safe feeder for Josiah. I can put any fruit in it and he can chew on it without choking. For the website go here. Sometimes I put ice in it too and it makes a great teether. I can see that this is going to be one of my favorite things for Josiah!

4 comments :

jencraig said...

very cute pics, mel!! Looks like your little boy likes to eat food as much as mine! Very cute!!!!!! Miss yoU!

Chris and Cheryl said...

Wow, that is awesome Josiah has taken easily to food:). Can't believe he is just about 6 months old! What a precious little boy! Is he sleeping better now? I hope to start Haley on cereal at the end of this month...we'll see if she likes it and is ready for it:). love Cher.

Emily said...

I can't believe he's already old enough to star on solids! What a big boy!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Cute!! I love that last pic of him eating bananas - too cute!
I love those feeders! We have one like it - can't wait to use it :) I've heard frozen grapes are great to put in it too for teething :) I can't believe he's so big!!