Saturday, February 16, 2008

Josiah in Jaisalmer

This was Josiah's first time in Jaisalmer...actually it was the first time for all three of us. All I can say is "Wow! When can we move?". It was absolutely beautiful. As usual, we did some fun history stuff, but that's Aaron's department to blog about. One of my favorite things we did was go out to an area with large sand dunes and ride a camel as we watched the sun rise over the dunes. It was Josiah's first camel ride.

Josiah and Papa at Gadsisar Lake. I think this is a great picture!


Yep, that's right...it's a government authorized (look at the sign) bhang (yep, marijuana) shop. This shop serves marijuana in lassi's. For an interesting article on bhang in India go here. Don't worry, I only got a picture of the shop...I didn't actually try anything.


Josiah sitting with a camel gun in the Jaisalmer fort.


You can see the fort/city behind us.


Josiah with one of his favorite people in Jaisalmer - the owner of the guest house.


Here we are riding the camel - his name is Babbalu and he is 10 years old.


Josiah and Babbalu


Mom, Josiah and the sand dunes.

4 comments :

Emily said...

COOL! I love the camel pictures!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

man! that always happens... I'll write a comment... then the internet goes out while I"m posting and I'll lose it...
ANyway, the jist of my comment was:
- Cool Josiah camel pic
- it's funny to acutally see a pic of a govt. bang shop!
- jaisalmer seems cool!! (I saw it in a magazine once and thought it would be cool to visit) ;)
FUN tirp!

Anonymous said...

was going to say i cant believe you put that baby on that camel by himself. then i saw the fingers around his waist. Whewwwwww!!! very cool! love peekaboo

Anonymous said...

It is like Josiah already knows how to pose for pictures.