In some ways it doesn't seem possible, but in others it feels like a lifetime. Can you believe we've been living in South Asia for 6 months today? Wow! I was thinking about it the other day and realized how many things have become "normal" to me in the last 6 months. I think I might even miss some of these things when the time comes to go back home...of course, some things I won't miss at all!
1. Seeing dogs, pigs, cows, camels and elephants in the street.
2. Riding in pedal and auto rickshaws.
3. Eating with my hands.
4. Being hot and sweaty all the time.
5. Hearing people speak Hindi.
6. Buying my fruits and vegetables everyday from a street vendor.
7. Buying milk in a bag.
8. Buying fresh eggs and they're already warm!
9. Seeing people use the street as a toilet.
10. Having beggars come up to us all the time.
11. Drinking chai everyday.
12. The smell of raw sewage while walking down the street.
13. The absence of traffic rules.
14. Riding side-saddle on a motorcycle.
15. People showing up anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of days after they say they will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

2 comments :
Are we supposed to guess which ones you'll miss and which ones you won't? ;)
Hope you're doing great!
I'm sure you would be pretty accurate in your guesses! You might not be sure about the rickshaw rides, but I will miss those! Driving in the States is going to be so boring in comparison.
Post a Comment