How could it possibly be that 6 years ago today this happened? Josiah came into this world and turned it completely upside down for us. He has been a challenge from the beginning but he has added so much to our lives. He keeps me looking to God for answers, he has a super sensitive heart to all spiritual things, his prayers convict and encourage me, his questions push me, his passion for life is insatiable, his love for his family is fierce! He is God's gift to me!
Okay, so all the mushy part over..let's talk about the celebration we had today! First thing this morning Josiah opened his presents and he and Casey began playing. I was originally planning to have school this morning but they were having so much fun that I decided that we'll have school on Saturday instead (the plus side of homeschooling!).
 |
| Why do they always take the best pictures when they are in their underwear? |
 |
| Excited about the K'nex he got from Nani and Pawpaw. |
When we originally asked Josiah where he wanted to eat (much earlier in the week) for his birthday, he said he wanted Indian food, then changed it to Chili's (yes, we have that here) and in the end, we ended up with McDonalds. Aaron and I were less than thrilled. :) But Josiah and Casey enjoyed it very much!
 |
| Josiah's meal of choice...McDonalds. |
 |
| Casey and Papa |
After lunch we went to see "Planes". It just came out today so it was great timing for some birthday fun.
Josiah decided he wanted lemon pound cake for his dessert. I made
this one, substituted yogurt for sour cream and added a lemon glaze. It was delicious!
 |
| Josiah's lemon poundcake |
 |
| Happy boy! |
Birthdays are always emotional for me. I automatically think about how the number of years they will be with us has just decreased. When we were in the US I heard someone say: "The days are long but the years are short.". Isn't that incredibly true? I want to make the most of the few short years I'm given with these two awesome little boys.
2 comments :
I'm having quite an emotional day (Hazel starts Kindergarten tomorrow) and this just added to it! I keep thinking how fast time has gone by, and reading this made me remember eating at Bennigan's with y'all when Josiah was a newborn and Andrea and I were wishing our babies would hurry up and arrive! Gonna go hug my babies now...
Emily - I had no idea how painful and exciting it would be to watch our babies grow up. I almost lost it when Josiah lost his first tooth. He literally has an ADULT tooth growing in it's place. WHAT?!?!? Crazy to think about.
Post a Comment