Today we celebrated Josiah and Casey's birthdays. Casey turned 4 in July and Josiah turns 6 in August. They wanted a superhero party and I have to admit that I was pretty excited about it! We had such a good time....
I had a lot of fun planning for this party. There are so many great ideas and options online for a superhero party. This is our cityscape, complete with superheros. Printables for the superheroes are here.
This is my favorite...the superhero suckers. It took a lot of time to cut these out but they were completely worth it. My Love drilled holes in an old broom handle and we were able to hang these up. The kids and adults loved them. Here are the printables.
Superman!
We had some dear friends from Pakistan join us.
Casey with the table. By the time we got around to taking pictures, the food was almost gone but this gives you an idea of what the table looked like at first.
Enjoying the pool.
There was so much tape on the superhero suckers that they were rather difficult to open. Ha!
The cupcakes. I am pretty sure that the kids got their yearly allotment of food coloring in just one of these cupcakes. :) I made red, blue, green and yellow batter (think superhero colors) and yellow and blue frosting. I then printed off these superhero symbols, attached them to colored Popsicle sticks and stuck them in the cupcakes.
Look at those chubby hands reaching for a cupcake. It's Casey. How do I know? Because he can't have icing on his cupcakes since he's allergic to dairy. :( Would you pray with me that his food allergies would disappear?
My amazing firstborn. This boy makes my heart skip a beat. I.LOVE.HIM.
So the day was a success! Tonight as I was putting the boys to bed, Josiah asked if he could pray with me. He prayed "thank you for my sweet Mommy who worked so hard on our party today". Made it worth it all!
Every birthday I am reminded of the amazing miracle of these two boys lives. I could never express how thankful I am that God gave me these gifts. I am blessed!
Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments too. :)
So the day was a success! Tonight as I was putting the boys to bed, Josiah asked if he could pray with me. He prayed "thank you for my sweet Mommy who worked so hard on our party today". Made it worth it all!
Every birthday I am reminded of the amazing miracle of these two boys lives. I could never express how thankful I am that God gave me these gifts. I am blessed!
Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments too. :)

2 comments :
This party was a great idea. I loved the suckers and cupcakes. Lots of work and thought went into the party, but I know the boys loved it.
Great party, and even more impressive that you put it together in non-America. :) I keep hoping Hazel will choose a super hero party soon! This looks so fun.
Post a Comment