Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Love My Moms!!!

I did a lot of babysitting growing up, worked in a preschool and I was a nanny for a while. I thought I had a good understanding of what it means to be a mom. But then, I had Josiah and I realized that I had only scratched the surface. I have never respected Mama Lyons and Mom Goccia like I do now. I understand how you can love a child so fiercely that it hurts. I truly know what sacrificial love is. I know what it means to work hard all day long and still feel like you’ve done nothing. I understand how much patience is needed in raising little ones. I know that time is no longer your own. I see how difficult disciplining a child can be. I understand how a Mom’s heart can ache when her little one is hurt or sick. I experience what it feels like to be exhausted all the time. I understand the anxieties Mom’s face when they think about their child’s future.

So Mama Lyons and Mom Goccia – you two are my heroes! You are the most selfless people I’ve ever known. I pray that I can be the Mom to Josiah that you have been to us. You are an amazing example to me of what a Mom needs to be. We love you so much!

Okay, and for your Mother’s Day present….pictures of Josiah!



Grammy and Nani - I wanted Mom to send me to you in this box, but she wouldn't.


Josiah with his first pair of "big boy" shoes.



Isn't this sweater awesome? Josiah's Great Aunt Janet made it. Thanks so much Aunt Janet! I love it!







I love this picture of Josiah and Papa!


Josiah LOVES the refrigerator...maybe it's because he knows there's food inside!

7 comments :

Carroll said...

what a great post! Happy Mothers' Day!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Fun Pics.. Happy Mother's Day! I recognize some of those places in you pics ;) Fun! Hope you're having fun ;) Can't wait to hear about it :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day to Melanie and to Mama Lyons and Mama Goccia. :) I love that post, very sweet words and oh so true. I think I may copy it and send it to my own mom. And you've got yourself a silly monkey there, eating the fridge. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a great mom and one day, Josiah will say stuff like this to you.

jencraig said...

oh, i love the new pictures of your little guy and what a sweet mothers day message. i hope you had an amazing first mothers day, mel. i know you are the greatest mom in the world! josiah is a lucky little boy! love you and miss you!

Unknown said...

How sweet! This last pic looks like he is giving his reflection a kiss! That is what Carolina does when she see's her reflection in things. She LOVES kisses. He is getting so big! Time goes by fast huh?