Friday, November 23, 2007

Turtle Slippers and Funny Beliefs

Grammy (Aaron's Mom) sent Josiah these adorable turtle slippers. It's finally starting to get a little chilly here in the morning and evening. Although it's in the 70's during the day, we live on the outskirts of the desert and it gets down in the 30's at night. Our floors are marble and our apartment is concrete so you can imagine that it gets pretty cold. All that to say that it's finally cool enough to get his little slippers out for him to wear. What do you think Grammy?



Against the wishes of all our South Asian friends and neighbors, we did it. We let Josiah look at himself in the mirror!! I know, I know...we're horrible parents!! You see, we were told not to let Josiah look at himself in the mirror before he turns one as it will cause him to have "loose motions," (aka: diarrhea). Well, I figured that since he's still nursing and his fecal matter isn't exactly on the solid side, I'd defy their advice and let him have a look. Wow, does he enjoy looking at that cute little baby!!










3 comments :

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I LOVE the little turtle slippers!!! Too cute!!!!
I haven't heard the mirror thing before - that's hilarious! haha! Well, he's definitely cute looking at himself in the mirror :) He's adorable!!!

Emily said...

I've never heard that either - that's pretty funny.
Little Josiah is pretty darn handsome! I'm kinda bummed for Hazel that he's already been promised to Aashini. :)

Aarmel said...

Don't worry e-rob, we haven't actually agreed on anything yet with Aashini - Josiah said he likes to keep his options open. Just like a man!! : )